Monday, March 14, 2011

Finally Arrived in Sacramento

After a long 3 month, Jarediah was able to finally go back out to the mission field, he is serving as you can tell, in Sacramento, Ca. His has been there for a week and here is part of what he has to say.

My foot has taken a few steps backward and decided to act up, but slowly I am making progress with it again. It is nothing serious but as we predicted it has a mind of its own and is stubbornly getting used to all the walking I am doing.
As for this week, this week has been a real challenge for me as I have been fighting a lot of feelings, missing my old mission, getting used to new mission ideas and rules.
yesterday was a real breaking point for me in which I was able to finally break through the ice. I have felt throughout the week like a stranger in a strange land, and even though everyone really likes me, I still feel out of place.

Since the breaking point I now feel a lot more confident about myself, and I can see the spirit flowing in a lot more. It has been hard for me to really see the spirit until now, but I know he was there the whole time. I really felt it when I was set apart, but after that it was like it became stagnant, and I felt a little alone for a bit.

My companion Elder Stoddard is from Georgia and he has been in the mission for 22 and a half months. That means after this next transfer he will be going home. President told me I might only be with him for about two weeks, which is kind of sad, but I know that my next companion should be pretty good as well. The missionaries so far are a lot more obedient in this mission, and they seem to be of higher spirits as well. So as you can imagine it is a lot greater of an atmosphere. The people are so very strange and have their very strange ideas. Can you imagine that there were stranger idealed people then the Guatemalans? Being here makes me really miss those fun, funny, and great people. I do know though that the Lord has placed me here for a reason. It is amazing or what that at a time I come into the mission another elder gets his visa at the same time to go to Brazil. It was quite inspiring to see the lord work miracles the first day that I get here.

I am so grateful to the Lord for the blessings he is giving me. I feel like now that I have broken the ice I can pick myself up and start running (spiritually) with the spirit, to reach out to those who are in need.

Elder Harmon

No comments:

Post a Comment