Sunday, April 18, 2010

4/12/2010







Well as you can imagine I will start with the joy, I am sending you some pictures of a surprise I know you are going to love. Lol your going to wish you had been having those tune in moments but alas I will leave the joy for you to express in your next letter haha. Well that was a joy kill. I actually have more pictures but at the moment I cannot access them don´t ask me why. So I will just explain dang it right? Lol anyhow this last saturday we had a baptism in our area in the picture it is the woman on the left. Her name is Sylvia and I got to baptize her. I can´t tell you mother how excited I was or how nervous I was but boy it was awesome. I am seeing so many changes in her as well. That and her daughter wants to get baptized as well. I have a new companion as well his name is Elder Vindel and he is a latino from El Salvador. I don´t know much about him yet as I have only had him as my companion for a couple of hours but he is pretty cool so far. We have a lot of possibilities for baptisms in my areas that is if things work out right. Right now I have two families lined up for baptism as soon as they attend church and a couple of other people so I will keep you tuned in for how that all goes if at all. Other than that things have been pretty normal around here at least for Guatemala lol. It´s funny to me how time goes by so fast, I can scarcely believe that already I have three months into my mission it seems as though time is just a flying and my journal is suffering from that fact lol imagine that right? I try to write in it everyday but it is really hard when you come home and are really tired that and I have been working on memorizing a scripture everyday of the week and because of the help of the lord I am becoming successful at that. Also my spanish is coming along also another blessing of the lord.



Oh that I were an angel and could declare repentance to shake the foundations of the hearts of the wicked and bring them to a rememberence of their God and his mighty glory for he comes in a time we least expect him to and should we not keep our watchmen about we will so easily fall to the temptations that do bestow him in his very life. Oh that I could have set a better example and done more good then harm. Alas I am very grieved, but alas I know the Lord, full of mercy and love, will bring me out of this state and focus on the importance of his work as he already at this very moment is doing to raise my joy for the wonderous majesty of his awesome work. I am so happy to be here mother and I cannot tell you enough of the joy that I feel for being here to help these people come to a knowledge of their lord and savior. There are so many lost and its wonderous how some people can wrap themselves up into a world so filthy and dirty of crimes of all natures. I have heard many stories of those who claim themselves to be prophets, the incarnate of joseph, moses, and other such forms of trickery and wickedness and it doth sadden my heart.



There was a man that we were teaching that read and denied that book of mormon as a doctrine of truth right there in front of us. How is it that people can be so blind to see the words of god, so deaf to hear of his voice, so hard that they do not feel the truth. I stand in disbelief of the world around me. My heart is filled with joy for I do know of a surety that God is there and loves us. I do not remember if I told you but I had a dream where I saw Christ and he told me that I was wasting time. At the time I wasn´t getting out of bed in time or excersising, and making my studying effective and indeed he was correct. I do know mother without a shadow of a doubt in my mind that this is the gospel of God and that he works mighty miracles through our faith. I am trying each day to build mine so I can be an instrument in bringing light to the Lamanites to a knowledge of the truth as said in Alma 26:3. This truly is a great work and I enjoy every moment of it. There are times where its hot, times where we are tired, times where there seems to be no progress, but always without fail the Lord blesses us with strength, with temperance, and with a greater vision of the work we have to do.I know without a shadow of a doubt that the book of mormon is true and that I am indeed teaching the lamanites in their time of confusion and mass religious instability. I never knew people could be so closed minded and so hard hearted like I am seeing here in Guatemala, but even with the blindness and hardness the Lord is blessing us to be able to have success and teach those who need to hear his message.



I am not perfect, but through the Lord I am growing and learning things I never thought I ever would and receiving blessings beyond imagination. I love you and hope to hear from you soon. Love always your missionary son,Elder Harmon

4 comments:

  1. Just wanted to wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY, on Tuesday, it is the big 21.. Love ya, MOm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my I haven't heard from you in for-ev-er(sandlot style). I also wanted to wish you happy birthday. I love and miss you I really am super past due for a letter. Have you got any from me cause i tried to send one or two?
    Love
    Misty(twin) Wardleigh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there Elder wasn't able to get to a computer till now to wish you a happy birthday so... HAPPY BIRTHDAY WE LOVE AND MISS YOU!!!
    With love Randal,Noelia,Teiya,Ella,Arlyn and Mackay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys I am doing my best out here and appreciate the thoughts from everyone.

    ReplyDelete