Monday, April 19, 2010

Good ol Guatemala

Hey everybody this is my first post but nontheless I am going to try to include pictures as the future comes and as I remember to bring my camera haha. Anyhow I have had one baptism and it was awesome! Guatemala is a really cool place filled with much adventure and excitement. It is also a world filled with danger around every corner and much religious confusion, but that is the best part of being a missionary is having the honor to be able to serve these people and learn to love them all in their different ways. I bear my solemn testimony that I know this is the work of God and as it says in Alma 26 we are bringing the gospel to our brothers the lamanites and helping them hear the whispers of those in the past. I know that god loves each and every one of us and through our faith we have the ability to see him in our lives maybe not in person, but in his many blessings for families and each individual person.

What a grand thing it is to know that God has a relationship with each of us that is personal to each person. Each person is different and so the way that God has his relationship with each of us is on a personal level. I love the people here and I love serving them. I love the work of the Lord and I know through him we are experience much success. Success that can only be obtained through a faith in him. I am so very happy for this experience that I have and I look forward to each day. I know these things are true. I know that we have a prophet that leads and guides us in our latters days through the Lord and I know the Book of Mormon is a book filled with the testimony of the prophets and the words of God. I know these things are true and I testify that they truly are the words of Christ as in 2 Nephi 33, in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

2 comments: