Monday, August 23, 2010

New Area San Andres Peten, New Adventures

Happy Happy Am I!!

Might I say though that I have gone from one of the most dangerous areas to one of the absolute best in the whole mission. I now reside in the mission area of San andres, Peten. Eight hours from my last area. I have a new companion, His name is Elder Degraw and he is a very logical person.
I am seeing a lot of the blessings coming. Recently while teaching I have really felt the spirit helping me and guiding me as to what to say and here in Peten we teach A LOT more haha. Recently we had a lesson with a man named Adam and he was relatively uninterested in our message, but I tried really hard to keep him active in our lesson, which was really hard, and I began to use an analogy about the gospel that one, I have never use before, and two was really simple. This is with Air, hunger, and thirst. I talked about how without having the gospel is like our bodies without air and we begin to die in our soul, and how hunger is like knowledge and understanding, and water is like blessings, and I applied it through the spirit.
It was really cool and even now I cant really explain it exactly, which makes it so cool that the spirit helped me do it in spanish. Another experience I had was yesterday where we were talking to a guy and he asked me where god came from. Well...I didnt know the answer to that, but the spirit guiding me as to what to say. So the spirit whispered to me to tell him that right now our minds cant understand the principle of infinite which is why we learn the simple things first, and then when we meet before god he will teach us the things more complicated. Oh mother you should have seen the flabbergasted look on his face, and it was so neat to know the spirit guided me. I am really starting to know when the spirit talks through me to other people, and it is just really awesome to feel the spirit so strong. Even though I know right now that I am weak I know the lord will make me strong.
I begin to really recognize that I need the lord more and more just like the song of I need thee every hour. Being here on a mission is really beginning to put that into perspective for me, and the importance of listening to the spirit. I am trying really hard right now to put all things into practice so that when all falls I will have the spirit to guide me in all things. My spanish by far is not perfect at all and I struggle a lot to say certain things, but I know the lord will help me to be an instrument in his hands, and I will be sure to try my hardest to share my experiences more.
I have a testimony of the great work that I am striving to do with the help of the lord and that I know he is guiding me. I know these things of an assurety in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment