Friday, November 26, 2010

Elder in San Andres, Petan, Guatemala


The other day we were teaching an inactive member and as we were something caught my eye. I looked and I saw the gate that was outside the house and it was chicken wire. What caught my eye wasnt the gate itself but the memory or flash of some kind of memory that came attached with it. As I looked it over in my mind I saw myself chasing a little kid who was running and laughing and having a great time. I was a little bit later in my life as far as I could tell, and the feeling that washed over me was amazing. I felt like what I would have guessed would have been what dad feels when he expresses his love for me to others and how proud he is of me. I felt really the love of a father for his child. When I came back out of this flash of memory it happened just in time for me to testify to our inactive that we loved him, and that his father in heaven also loved him. I felt the spirit really strong and was really impressed by this. As I reflected it later, it gave me an even greater desire to learn how to love someone even more then my current capacity, and I thought a lot about how I had grown in my love for my companion despite our bouts of disagreement. This week has been a really good week for us and we have 4 baptism dates for investigators, and one of them is a family. I am so excited for them and to see if they will continue to accept the challenges and blessings that are waiting for them. This week has been really exciting and dang this change has been going by so fast. I cant believe that already I am in the sixth week which means that next week it is possible I might have a new companion, which makes me kind of sad because I am just beginning to get along with my companion right now. This week I have also gone to petencito which is a zoo in our zone. (thus explaining the pictures with animals) It was really cool to see all the different wild life.

Elder Harmon

No comments:

Post a Comment