Monday, May 17, 2010

Week 5 change 2


Hello all this week has been amazing one because we had two baptisms and two because I am seeing the miracles I have been praying for both with the people and with my own personal studies. It is awesome how we begin to see the blessings of the lord the moment we turn to him and ask him for help and guidance. It is amazing to me just the kind of things that happen when we have real intent and faith in his son Jesus Christ and rely on them to help us through our times. It is interesting to me all the things that I am learning that I never knew before in the bible and wow is the knowledge that the lord is blessing me with ever helping the people I am teaching.


The other day we were teaching the parents of a lady named Wendy and her father throughout the week has hit us with question after question but each time he has answers have both come from the things I am studying and a powerful testimony of the importance of prayer on his part. I know that this man is going to come to a knowledge of the truth the moment he hits his knees and prays. With the help of the Lord and the Holy Ghost my companion and I are understanding the things we need to do to be able to help the people come to the understanding of the gospel. It is sad to me how people who don´t know how to read only rely on the words of man to guide them and not on their father in heaven.

For truth is both something you can read in the scriptures, but also the feeling you have in your heart when you do as Christ directs and ask in faith, knocking to which it is always opened unto you until nothing is left in darkness. The more I read the Bible the more I understand the teachings of Christ and how to apply them in my life. Each day I am excited to study the scriptures and learn new things because 1 it increases my faith of the gospel and 2 helps me begin to understand the doctrine of Christ more clearly, and as it directs in 2 nephi dispell all confusions about the doctrines of Christ that he taught the people. I have a testimony of the gospel restored in these latters day through the prophet Joseph Smith, and I know he was inspired of God to translate the Book of Mormon which is another testament of Jesus Christ and his ministry here on earth.


I know Jesus Christ is the son of God and our savior and desires all to come unto him and take upon themeselves their cross so they took can receive the salvation promised by God and by him. I know these things with all my heart and through the power of the Holy Ghost in prayer that if we do the things the Lord commands us to do we will be lifted in our trials and in the last days. I testify of these things in the sacred name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. ps my mail came back to me and i miss you a lot. thanks for serving the lord

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey misty ya I figured your mail didn´t come but hey things are good ask my mom for updates and pictures.

    ReplyDelete